Sunday, June 10, 2012

MHRP: Daredevil Text Character Sheet

I'm doing a light play-by-post with a couple of friends online, and since we're all first timers with Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, I decided to put together text character sheets that I we can adjust and send back and forth via e-mail.

This game is really pushing all three of us out of our comfort zones, since two of us (including me) openly admitted to being confused early on when reading it, and another two of us (including me) admitted that the narrative nature of the game is completely alien to my gaming instincts.

In fact, this RPG (along with the FATE-based RPGs) reminds me a little bit about how confused I was about game mechanics and conflict resolution concepts when I first started gaming. It's not completely new, because the concept of RPGs is very clear to me know. It's just that, unlike more simulationist systems (and I hope I use the term correctly here), the logic that is followed here is more along the narrative path -- a give and take of plot points plus a bit of luck in order to deserve whatever outcomes are achieved.

As far as the character sheet is concerned, I only need to adjust the first few lines periodcially -- the rest of the sheet is just a reminder for the players (and for me) what they can do.

Here's the one for Daredevil:

DAREDEVIL

PLOT POINTS: [   ]
STRESS / TRAUMA: Phys [   ] | Ment [   ] | Emot [   ]

Affiliations: Solo [ d10 ] Buddy [ d8 ] Team [ d6 ]

Distinctions: Blind Justice | Man Without Fear | Protector of Hell's Kitchen ( Use at d4 for 1 PP or Use at d8 )

POWER SETS

Billy Club: Enhanced Durability [ d8 ], Swingline [ d6 ], Weapon [ d6 ]

  • SFX -- Rebound: Step up or double WEAPON die against a single target. Remove highest-rolling die and add an additional die to your total.
  • SFX -- Grapple: Add d6 and step up effect die +1 when inflicting a complication on a target.
  • Limit -- Gear: Shut down BILLY CLUB and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover gear.
Hypersenses: Enhanced Reflexes [ d8 ], Enhanced Stamina [ d8 ], Superhuman Senses [ d10 ]
  • SFX -- Focus: In a pool incuding a HYPERSENSES die, replace two dice of equal steps with one die of +1 step.
  • SFX -- Immunity: Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from attacks targeting sight or vision.
  • SFX -- Radar Sense: Spend 1 PP to add SUPERHUMAN SENSES (or step up by +1 if already in your pool) and reroll all dice when taking an action.
  • Limit -- Overstim: Shutdown a HYPERSENSES power and gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
SPECIALTIES

Acrobatic Master [ d10 ], Combat Expert [ d8 ], Cover Expert [ d8 ], Crime Master [ d10 ], Menace Expert [ d8], Psych Expert [ d8 ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.