Friday, March 4, 2011

Reading Room: The Stars Without Number skin -- Part 05

The next step is to select a Background package (which grants skills) for my SWN character, Philip Tang.

The obvious choice would be a soldier, but I'm looking at a different background -- a man good at fighting and war, but from a background of serving and protecting. The security crew package stands out here, and that grants the following:
  • Combat/Any (gotta choose one -- Energy Weapons)
  • Culture/Spacer
  • Security
  • Tactics 
And I'm tempted to take him in the direction of Star Trek's Kirk, a rare man who managed to emerge from the ranks of security into a position of command, but I'm not sure he's at that same level of ambition and combat prowess yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.