Thursday, January 5, 2012

RPG News: Pre-orders for Marvel Heroic Roleplaying

According to the Margaret Weis Productions website, pre-orders for the upcoming Marvel Super-Heroes RPG titled Marvel Heroic Roleplaying are currently being accepted.

Marvel Heroic Roleplaying will use the Cortex Plus system -- the system that they've used for Smallville, though it's assumed that the character creation system will be modified somewhat -- and will be tied into some kind of ongoing Avengers storyline that I really haven't been following.

I like that they're updated, but I don't know if I'd have preferred the more timeless approach that the DC RPG from the Green Ronin folks had taken.

In any case, this close association with Marvel hopefully means that we'll get a lot of the good art from the comics in the RPG -- it's always such a let-down when an official property RPG doesn't get to use the good imagery from the property.

The target launch for this new RPG is slated for Feb 28, 2012 -- just in time to save the world from ending this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.