Monday, March 18, 2019

Gaming with the Kid: Fighting Crime Trying To Save The World (part 1)

I truly enjoy the SuperTeam Family blog.
The Powerpuff Girls, it turns out, aren't a pure rip-off of the Kryptonian power set. Each of the girls have their own unique powers -- and that's just from the original series. I won't go into the two other series that have aired since then.

In order to build the girls in the Hero System, I'd follow the following process:
  1. create a base PPG template of powers
  2. add in the individual powers and abilities of each girl
  3. tweak the stats and complications for a completed character sheet.

1. the Base PPG template

Fortunately, www.writeups.org has DC Heroes character sheets for each of the girls:
These will not only help to build my base template, but will also help in the next step on how to add in the individual powers of each girl. However, not everything necessarily will be reflected in these stats, so I'd have to go to a Wikia page for an 'in fiction' explanation of those abilities.

2. Individual Powers and Abilities

It turns out that Bubbles has the ability to talk to animals, and that Buttercup is the fastest of the trio, and that Blossom has both fire breath and freeze breath. Thank goodness for fandom wikis which keep track of this sort of thing.

3. Finishing off the character sheet

I'll be honest in that I'll be trying to not only be faithful to the builds based on the two sets of source material above, but I'll also be balancing them against each other, point-wise. This is partially due to my longtime Hero System habits of wanting to know the point totals, but also to show my son how allocation of the same amount of resources can result in very different results... and different options for play.



2 comments:

  1. Now you're making me want to build Paw Patrol, again, with mine!

    Still trying to save money for http://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/222950 for me and the 5yr-old

    ReplyDelete

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.