|"By this mace, I find weakness!"|
Neat things to rip off:
|"Don't make us angry. We know a thousand different and cinematically|
interesting ways to kill you."
- the Phantom Flame, course, as a mystery and eventually an ongoing threat to the PCs if one of them is inflicted by it;
- the methods of shapeshifting used;
- martial arts, opponents, and locations for fight scenes;
- the 1000 foot statue of Buddha as a scene location;
- the 'mace' of Detective Dee, an artifact given to him by the late Emperor and returned to him by the would-be Empress which has a 'find weakness' ability when a ring is spun about its base (its humming increases when near a weak point);
- Chancellor Jing'er as an NPC;
- Pei as an NPC (an albino who's heroic, sympathetic, and cool -- rare in modern cinema);
- the cavernous underworld of Imperial China, littered with the refuse of bygone days and riddled with twisting caves and passageways, perfect of a dungeon crawl.