Friday, January 22, 2016

An Occidental Asian Geek (preamble)

While it is true that much of my perception of the America was gleaned through the popular culture that reached our little South East Asian archipelago's shores, I also realized that much of it was also shaped through my particular areas of interest:

  • Science Fiction Movies, TV Shows, Books
  • Fantasy Movies, TV Shows, Books
  • Pulp Movies, TV Shows, Books
  • Comic Books
  • Cartoons
  • and, of course, RPGs

Therefore, once in a while, I'll be posting about my musings on these influences on my life and what I learned / mis-learned from them -- and how they reflected on my gaming life as well.


Upcoming posts in this series are:

An Occidental Asian Geek: Holmes, Poirot, and Marple
An Occidental Asian Geek: Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and the Three Investigators
An Occidental Asian Geek: The Fabulous Five and The Secret Seven
An Occidental Asian Geek: Peanuts
An Occidental Asian Geek: Trust Your Feelings, Luke
An Occidental Asian Geek: He's dead, Jim.
An Occidental Asian Geek: Doctor Who?
An Occidental Asian Geek: Agent 007 and Agent 00
An Occidental Asian Geek: Melancholy American Music
An Occidental Asian Geek: Two British Invasions

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.