Sunday, November 4, 2012

NaGaDeMon Day 03 -- Thoughts on Dice

I'm limiting myself to D6s. They're the easiest dice to procure locally (in the Philippines), and I've enjoyed systems that were based solely on them, so I know it's not impossible. I was briefly tempted by cards, but I'll do that some other time.

What resolution roll styles am I considering?

  • 3d6 -- gives a nice bell curve, and very close to the Fuzion / Hero approach to things;
  • 4d6* -- a modified 4d6 roll where all 6s are equal to 0 when totaling the value; gives a ridiculously curved 0 to 20 range of values;
  • dFate -- evenly distributed +, 0, and - values on four six-sided dice;
  • dBody -- similar to FATE dice, but 1 is -, 2 through 5 are 0, and 6 is +; tames the FATE die roll quite a bit, but is a lot more predictable; HERO gamers know this as rolling for Body

That's all I have for now, just bits and pieces staggering toward a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.