Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gaming Trivia Quiz #1

I did this before for a local organization's grand meetings -- a gaming quiz!

I've never been a real rules lawyer, but the oddest things keep getting stuck in my memory -- hence gaming trivia. The questions and answers will of course reveal my game generation, but what the heck.

Here are the first quiz's 5 questions:
  1. What is the main weapon of the fighter on the Basic D&D rulebook (the version with the Erol Otus cover)?
  2. What does the acronym FASERIP stand for?
  3. What were Black Dougal's last words?
  4. Complete this phrase: "Stay ____ !Trust no one! Keep your ____ handy!"
  5. What do the following names have in common: Joshua Leng, Jonathan Harker, Jr., Ambrose Hunt, Virgil Hector Hades, August Rath, Dmitri Katliya, and Frank Glup?
I'll put up the answers later.

If anyone takes issue with those answers for whatever reason, I'd appreciate the explanation. After all, it's always a treat to learn even more gaming trivia.

UPDATE (May 25, 2011)

So here are the answers to the questions above:
  1. a spear
  2. Fighting, Agility, Strength, Endurance, Reason, Intuition, Psyche -- from the TSR Marvel Super-heroes RPG;
  3. "Poison!"
  4. "Stay Alert! Trust No One! Keep Your Laser Handy!" from the Paranoia RPG
  5. They were all members of an organization informally known as the Theron Marks Society, as mentioned in the Theron Marks Manual found in Call of Cthulhu supplement Terror from the Stars.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, well I'd vaguely heard of a few of those things, but I have no idea on any of the answers. Just googled a few and realised why I knew some of them but yeah, tough quiz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, well it's meant to be answered in teams actually. :)

    So the combined experience of the mixed batches of gamers fosters a camaraderie. We has some World of Darkness game questions, Shadowrun, Boot Hill, and so on. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.