Saturday, December 8, 2012

Earth-641: More than Green Lanterns

DC's Blackest Night event expanded the 'emotional spectrum' tied to the rings of the Green Lanterns. We ended up with Red Lanterns, Orange Lanterns, Yellow Lanterns, Indigo Lanterns, Blue Lanterns, etc. Some of these were interesting -- others not so much. And as to color theory, it wasn't really incorporated into the storyline.

Anyway, I've always wanted to expand on the concept of these galactic policemen. I figured that the universe is vast, and that the Corps didn't necessarily have the ability to tackle everything. Perhaps Marvel's Nova Corps could be added to the mix, as well as a more intelligence-gathering / espionage spin on the Lensmen.

And of course, I'd want to stick in the Ultra Corps! I refer to the organizational body (whose exact name escapes me at this moment) that holds such luminaries as Ultraman, Ultra-7, Ultraman Zoffy, Ultraman King, and so on. While not as big as Green Lantern Mogo (the sentient planet), this entire group of galactic heroes are giants, taking on Godzilla-sized creatures on Earth.


But before I can properly define all these peacekeeping forces, I should probably give some thought to their opposition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.