Sunday, July 29, 2012

On the Radar: Christmas in July Sale at RPGNow


July's coming to a close, but you still have a chance to pick up some items during RPGNow / DriveThruRPG's biggest sale of the year: Christmas in July!

Here are a few things I'd recommend considering picking up:
  • Dungeon Crawl Classics is one of the recently-released Old School retro-clones that has garnered quite a number of good reviews. Very tempting. Price is down to $18.74 (from $24.99).
  • Runequest 6th Edition is also on sale; it would make a fine addition to your RPG collection. I did a detailed armchair review on RQ6 earlier this year -- you can see what I think about it there. Price is down to $18.75 (from $25.00).
  • Marvel Heroic Roleplaying is also in the running. I also recommend this game, though as I mentioned in my review, it is more of a narrative game rather than a traditional RPG. The rule system supports more of a 'narrative engine' rather than a 'physics engine' for superheroics. Price is down to $7.49 (from $9.99).
  • To go with that, you may wish to pick up the currently out Marvel Heroic Roleplaying event: Civil War. This should give you everything you need to play in this polarizing, universe-changing event. Please note that the link leads to the 'Essentials Edition' of the product. Essential Editions are like a sourcebook for the Marvel RPG; Premium Editions bundle the rules into the Event Book as well. Price for the Essentials Edition is $13.49 (from $17.99).
  • Last for my five recommendations is the Yggdrasill RPG Core Rulebook -- an RPG for adventuring in Scandia as one of the brave, fate-driven Men and Women of the North. I'm still working on my armchair review of this, but in short -- it's excellent! Price is down to $18.74 (from $24.99).

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.