Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tricking Your Own Mind

Worldbuilding is a tricky thing. And with folks like me who obsess about details, sometimes you get sucked into unnecessary details while leaving critical core ones undefined.

So, this comics inspiration week is also there to allow me to take a step back and look at what folks are doing in the blogosphere, to read up on unrelated games, and to look back at my Enigmundia stuff with fresh eyes.

Oh, and to make sure that I finish my short story by the end of this month. Our focus for this round of writing is setting (while still maintaining competent -- if not excellent -- plot, character, and storytelling). And to read the set of readings due for this weekend's short story critique!

If I didn't do this, it's likely I'd be scribbling away at the smallest things here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.