Thursday, April 21, 2011

News about Fading Suns 3rd Edition

In the March 25, 2011 blog post on the Void Transmissions blog, the following interesting tidbits were revealed about Fading Suns 3rd Edition:
  • content for the Player's Guide is with the editors, and once edited and approved, will move to the layout stage;
  • the Gamemaster's Guide is approaching readiness for editing, and will eventually contain
    • mass conflict rules
    • rules on weird threats such as Sathraism, Antinomy, and so on

In the blog post on March 26, 2011 on the Reborn Sun blog, Cybernetic rules and Mutant rules (also known as Misfits or the Changed in proper Fading Suns parlance) are tackled! In it, the differentiation between Misfits and the Changed is made, and a promise of a simplified cybernetic implant ruleset and the possibility of cyber possession (which I will admit, was part of a story arc I hinted at in my former campaigns, so I'm thrilled).

In the April 9 post on the same blog, Angus McNicholl talks about Technology: the modified Tech Levels and descriptions in comparison with others, the default Tech Level for the Known Worlds, the recalibrated damage ratings for weapons and armor, especially in duelling.

2 comments:

  1. All right! :) Good to hear Fading Suns is still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is! I've been a collector of its rulebooks for a long while and used to run several campaigns in it (under various rulesets).

    Can't wait for this revised 3rd Edition!

    ReplyDelete

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.