Sunday, March 7, 2010

And the Characters Trickle In

As the Labyrinth Lord characters (partially built -- ranging from character concept stage to "I've done everything except the equipment list" stage), trickle in for my Play-by-post game, my thoughts begin to split along two paths: the actual dungeon adventure and the PCs themselves.

Actual dungeon adventure - While I'm really tempted to inflict either Michael Curtis's Stonehell Dungeon or James Edward Raggi IV's Death Frost Doom on the players, I haven't bought either (yet), and I'm on a strict budget for the next couple of months.

Furthermore, my old D&D modules are all boxed up, leaving only stuff from Goodman Game's Dungeon Crawl Classics to experiment with on my players. I've already selected one, and we'll see how it challenges the players.

If they read it, that's okay as long as they don't metagame or kill the fun for the others. I mean, it's kinda cheating yourself, right? And if some of them do use player knowledge sneakily -- I guess that's part of the old school experience right?

The PCs themselves - So far one player wants to be a fighter or a thief, while two players have already rolled up Elves. For purposes of role-playing, I may want to find more material on the elves of Karameikos so that they can get a handle on what elves have to deal with in this setting.

Hope someone gives some thought to a cleric -- PC or NPC. Healing can be real important on these dungeon crawls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.