|Logo of one of the podcasts|
I listen to. Do you know
which one this is?
The great things about this are:
- getting exposure to concerns, views, and opinions that were new or unusual when compared to my own gaming culture experience over in the U.S. and back here in the Philippines;
- learning about new RPGs, revisiting old ones;
- studying the history of our hobby from accounts of researchers and people who are / were there at the time;
- thinking and re-thinking my position on game theory, socio-political issues raised within the industry in the community;
- and learning about interesting related content and art that inspire or were inspired by the hobby.
So I hope to tackle a few of these podcasts in clusters and individual portions, to just express why certain things resonate with me: be it nostalgia, new ideas, or just sheer geek delight.
And besides, I'm getting gunshy about some of my Border Wardens and other campaign posts -- though I am working on them, honest!