Sunday, July 10, 2011

Creating Gaming Sourcebooks: What Tools To Use?

It was during the time that I was running Star Wars (d6) and Cyberpunk (Interlock) that I was bitten by the graphic layout bug. Computers and printers had made it possible to put together your own source material. Of course, printing them out and binding them were a problem but you could make do with several copies on acceptable paper stock and 3-ring binders but it didn't feel the same.

This is an open post asking: what are the tools that folks use out there to create their sourcebooks? I'm only asking because legal copies of my favored tools (InDesign and Photoshop) are 'spensive, mehn.

Above and beyond that, what are some good map-making tools (hex and otherwise) that are out there? I'm searching online right now and boy howdy there's a lot of 'em out there.

2 comments:

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.