Monday, March 7, 2011

Reading Room: The Stars Without Number skin -- Part 06

This can't be good for my fingernails. I haven't taken off this
suit in weeks! At least I can relieve myself whenever I feel like it.
And since Philip Tang is a warrior in Stars Without Number, we also get a slew of skills associated with that class. As per rules, any skill granted by background or class is at rank 0, and upped by 1 when granted again by another aspect of character creation.

And then we get to select a Training Package as well, to reflect the warrior specialization. I'm looking at either Commando or Space Marine, but decide to go with Space Marine for the ship-based campaign I envision the character to be a part of.

Here's the final (revised) worklist of skills, since I was informed that the class skills only count when you're building your own Training Package:
  • [Background] Combat/Energy Weapons - 0
  • [Background] Culture/Spacer - 0
  • [Background] Security - 0
  • [Background] Tactics - 0
  • [Class] Athletics - 0
  • [Class] Combat/Any -- (okay, I guess Unarmed makes sense here) Unarmed - 0
  • [Class] Exosuit  - 0
  • [Class] Leadership - 0
  • [Class] Perception - 0 
  • [Class] Profession/Any -- (maybe a background in shipping and customs) - Customs Agent - 0
  • [Class] Stealth - 0
  • [Class] Survival - 0
  • [Class] Tactics - 0+1
  • [Training Package - Space Marine] Combat/Energy Weapon - 0+1
  • [Training Package - Space Marine] Combat/Primitive - 0
  • [Training Package - Space Marine] Culture/Spacer - 0+1
  • [Training Package - Space Marine] Exosuit - 0
  • [Training Package - Space Marine] Tactics - 0+1
  • [Training Package - Space Marine] Tech/Astronautics - 0
Revised Final List of Skills
  • Security - 0
  • Combat/Energy Weapon - 1
  • Combat/Primitive - 0
  • Culture/Spacer - 1
  • Exosuit - 0
  • Tactics - 1
  • Tech/Astronautics - 0

2 comments:

  1. A nifty writeup for him- but skills are actually only granted by background and training packages. The "class skill" list is for the benefit of those who pick the "adventuring " training package and need to choose certain skills particularly characteristic of their class. It also comes into play when you go up a level, as class skills are somewhat easier to advance than non-class skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I suspected as much but it wasn't clear to me. Very well, must redact some skills!

    ReplyDelete

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...