Saturday, January 1, 2011

Gaming Plans for the New Year

One of the reasons I put up the Armchair Gamer blog is not because I game in an armchair, but because I rarely actually get to play majority of the games out there and spend most of my time reading them. I do play, however, in a systemless (it shifts periodically from house ruleset to house ruleset) campaign almost every week.

For the new year, I plan on adding to that gaming portfolio.

There are two primary campaigns that I'd like to get started on -- primarily online since I don't think my schedules will allow any otherwise. They are:

  • Dungeoncrawlers (a campaign that deals with a changed Mystara that is plagued, yet linked by megadungeons -- using the Castles & Crusades ruleset);
  • Fading Suns ( a campaign that will hopefully explore the new Fading Suns 3rd Edition later this year).

There are a number of games that I'd also like to take for a one- to three-session test drive:

  • [RPG] Eclipse Phase 
  • [RPG] Diaspora
  • [RPG] DC Adventures / M&M 3rd edition
  • [RPG] Shadow World using the HARP ruleset
  • [RPG] Dresden Files RPG
  • [Wargame] Victory By Any Means
  • [Wargame] Starmada: the Admiralty Edition
  • [Wargame] A Call to Arms: Noble Armada

And finally, I'd like to log in some time cobbling together a Military SF / Space Opera campaign using the Hero System.

We'll see how this year turns out, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.